Post Cards  

Posted by Christy

I read other blogs and am struggling to find my voice here. The "who I am" and "how I got here" explanations make me sound like a big cry baby (which I am not or at least not MOST of the time and then only Jon gets blessed with it). How do I wear a hat here that is honest without destroying myself or worse making others pity me.  I have shared a lot online over the past few years in hopes of letting surrogates know what it is to be an intended mother and letting other IM's know they are not alone. I REALLY don't want pity I just want to open some eyes because I see so many misconceptions as to what we go through. So in my sharing I need the readers to know that  the perception IM's are just broken and crazy is not altogether true. I say "altogether" because 1. Clearly we are broken in body and 2. If we were not just a bit crazy we wouldn't be fighting so damn hard to create our families BUT what truly defines us and sets us apart is our incredible strength and sheer determination to over come and conquer mountains most people have never even seen.  There are days the mountain beats me up but in the end you must know I will WIN. I hope my voice will be seen as a post card from the mountain.

This entry was posted on Sunday, August 31, 2008 at 7:40 AM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

Well said!!

August 31, 2008 at 11:07 AM

I am very thankful for the way you have led other IPs in coming forward from the shadows and putting who you really are out there. It scares some b/c what they see doesn't line up with the neat little preconceptions they had and challenges their own egos. I'm among the many who have been thankful for everything you "brave" IPs have taught us. I'm thankful to be helping a real "whole" person, not a fictional, stereotypical "IM"

August 31, 2008 at 3:02 PM

Post a Comment