The journey to get HERE  

Posted by Ajysyt in

How did I get HERE? I'm not really sure. It's a long story, full of a lot of different choices and possibilities. I could have easily been part of any number of different "teams" right now, so why did I choose this team? It is, after all, entirely unconventional in the already unconventional world of surrogacy. There will be people that think that we, that *I*, am crazy. I know that, but I know that what I am a part of is amazing and right.

Why would I CHOOSE to be one of two surros? I am doing this to help two wonderful people become parents together. Just like my husband and I, they do not want to have just one child together, but hope so much for children. Given the exact circumstances they face having two surrogates is their best hope for that dream. I will admit that when Christy told me that they were hoping for 2 surrogates that I was a bit surprised, I had never even considered it. I knew, however, that with them and the right 4th member of this team, it would be perfect. As "Isis" said to me once, her and I will forever share the bond of carrying siblings. Two uteruses, one family. Creating families is why I do this, this time I will have the added benefit of a lifelong friendship with 3 amazing people.

I think we are all mature enough to know that there will be some harder times ahead. Quite frankly, that is just unavoidable in something as important and intimate as creating families through surrogacy. I do believe, however, that we have the right people on this team to conquer any obstacles life presents us. So I look towards the near future with- optimism, anticipation, and excitement. Christy and Jon, thank you for choosing me to be a part of creating and nourishing your children. This is one team I knew I had to be on.

This entry was posted on Sunday, August 24, 2008 at 7:03 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

3 comments

Ajysyt,

You are off to a great start on your posting. Thanks for picking our team.

We are excited about your Lake of Milk. We want to know how your bring that along with you when you travel.

August 24, 2008 at 9:00 PM

Oh my gosh, so funny. Umm, I have no idea. I didn't even know I had one until recently...

August 24, 2008 at 9:41 PM

Ajysyt,

Thank YOU!

August 25, 2008 at 11:15 PM

Post a Comment