How I got here...  

Posted by Anonymous in

I should probably explain myself a bit as did Ajysyt. She refers to choices & possibilities and being part of something unconventional. Here's a bit about how I come to this "unconventional" team.

This will be my second journey. I feel as if fate had a hand in leading me to it much like it did with my first journey. For my first journey there were no agencies or "matching" involved. It was family and I volunteered. There were circumstances that led up to a surrogacy discussion and the pieces seemed to fall into place afterwards.

I again feel like fate (and my heart) led me here. I was not originally a team member. There have been twists and turns that changed things along the way. For those of you that don't know, there is more than one backstory that paved the way for the road I'm now proud to travel. Great things are/will be happening for many people now and in the near future because of the different events surrounding these people.

When it comes to choosing to be one of two surros, I don't just choose it, I relish the idea (at least for us). Being a part of any surrogacy is something amazing and life-changing for everyone involved. I don't go into this seeing any kind of competition between surros. That tends to be the relationship downfall in most dual-surrogacies. I see it as working together with someone to create a family. We have the same goal and it will be nice to get there together. I'm not foolish enough to think there won't be issues or hardships. There always are. In fact, if it weren't for issues and hardships there would not be surrogacy. It's up to us to deal with things in the best way we can and be there for each other.

I am honored to be part of this team. I will be more honored the day I see the look on your faces when you lay eyes on your child/children for the first time. What better way to teach my own children the importance of family than helping to create one. The life of a family can be forever changed by helping create that family.

This entry was posted on Monday, August 25, 2008 at 6:04 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

I am so happy things fell into place for you again. I feel that way to.

It's like I don't feel like we all just more or less fell into place and it fits so well!

August 26, 2008 at 7:04 AM
Anonymous  

So many puzzle pieces and such a big picture to finish with them.

August 26, 2008 at 8:24 AM

Post a Comment