Controversy in a Controversial World  

Posted by Christy in

My observation............

When talking to other people in the surrogacy world the topic of having two surrogates help one set of IP's at the same time causes a bit of a stir. A number of people in the surrogacy world become quite judgmental. The odd part to me is these are the same people who have the world at large questioning what they are doing being a surrogate at all.

Just interesting that those that are fastest to judge something out of the "norm" are the same people who have been judged by others for doing something out of the "norm".

Welcome to my world of infertility, "norms" have no place here :-) But for everyone else there are reclining seats with a popcorn holder.

This entry was posted on Thursday, August 28, 2008 at 2:41 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

5 comments

Anonymous  

Well put. There is really nothing normal about being a surrogate in the first place. Lots of surros do seem to have an opinion of what should be considered "normal" in a surrogacy. They want things to be a certain way and seem to think that's how it should be for others.

August 28, 2008 at 3:37 PM

Well said Christy.. But I don't know who you are talking about that is judgemental in the surrogacy world?? haha

I happen to love popcorn.. BTW:)

August 28, 2008 at 6:21 PM

Our Journey...you are *almost* as funny as me! HAHA enjoy the popcorn...my buddies get extra butter if they like ;-)

August 28, 2008 at 9:01 PM

My only real issue with using multiple surros is when they don't know they are one of multiple surros. I don't really love popcorn, but I could get used to it :)

August 28, 2008 at 9:02 PM

I totally agree with you Cyn but then again I HATE all lies and the lies that take others personal choices away are BEYOND wrong!

Funny I'm not crazy about popcorn either.......Cold Stone perhaps? Or those flat pretzels you had in your car for "C"....those are yummy!

August 28, 2008 at 9:34 PM

Post a Comment