Welcome to The World  

Posted by Christy

A very close friend of mine had a baby yesterday. By "had" I mean her surrogate gave birth to her her beautiful daughter. What an incredible day. She sent me a picture shortly after Bailey's birth and I cried and cried and cried. A few months ago, I did the same thing at the birth of my other dear friends son's birth. Today I saw a video of Brendan....again more tears. My tears over these children is a flood of hope through my heart. These are children who arrived after years of infertility and parents who would not give up even when everything in the world tells you it won't happen. Through the battle their parents were willing to fight and the hearts of the surrogates who gave of themselves in ways I cannot ever fully understand these babies are here. They have healed deep wounds. As Wendy (AKA Baileys mom) said to me yesterday "you forget it all when you look at her face".

Welcome to the World Bailey and Brendan thank you for the smiles, you both make this ache I carry a little lighter today. To their mommies.....I love you both with all my heart.

This entry was posted on Monday, September 1, 2008 at 8:54 AM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

4 comments

Anonymous  

Now I had to cry.

September 1, 2008 at 9:48 AM

welcome to the world little ones, thank you for making this journey a bit lighter. congratulations, mommas on seeing your dreams come true.

September 1, 2008 at 11:08 AM
Anonymous  

Thanks Christy for those beautiful words :-)))) Now I sit here and cry too.

BIG BIG HUGS

September 4, 2008 at 10:39 AM

Jeez...I guess I need to read your blog more often!!! Thank you! I struggled with sending you the photos of the baby after his birth because I didn't want to upset you or make you sad for what you don't have....I'm glad that's not the case! MUA! I'm so glad we are friends....now if we could only meet in person! Don't they do any cheer comps in NJ????

September 15, 2008 at 8:39 AM

Post a Comment